Woodbridge Golf Association ~ Seniors
2017 Woodbridge Golf Association Seniors’ Schedule:
May 25th Criss-Cross (4 Person, pick your team)
June 1st Single Ball, Medal Play (ghin makes pairings)
June 8th 2 Person Shamble (pick your team)
June 15th Nassau Tournament (ghin makes pairings)
June 22nd 4 Person, 1 Best Ball (pick your team)
June 29th Stableford Points, Individual (ghin makes pairings)
Last Golf Tournament Results: Nassau Tournament, played 5/18/17: All net: 1st Flight: 18 holes: 1st: McRae, 66, $61; Tie for 2nd-3rd: Moses & Cogdell, 67’s, $35 each; Front 9: Dryden, 33, $25; Tie for Back 9: 35’s for Smith, Ronnie & Clark, $12.50 each. Others: Steininger, 79; Beyers, 74; Hall, 74; Fowler, 74; Carter, 78. 2nd Flight: 18 Holes: Tie for 1st-2nd-3rd: all with 67’s: Catron-Jones-Buchanan, $43.66 each; Front 9: Campbell, 32, $25; Back 9: Gorenflo, 34, $25. Others: Smith, Rick, 73; Wagers, 75; Eustice, 75; Nutt, 79; Powers, 76; Dumanski, 69; Wells, 76. 3rd Flight: 18 Holes: 1st: Russell, 66, $61; 2nd: Kennemer, 68, $40; 3rd: Biffle, 71, $30; Front 9: Decker, 30, $25; Tie for Back 9: 38’s each for Richards & Landry, $12.50 each. Others: Fassett, 86; Bluestein, 80; Gerber, 73; Drohan, 77; English, 80. Closest to Pin: #4: . As usual, fun was had by all! $519 in the hole pot, as of today!
2017 WGA Seniors Officers: Jim Wells, Rick Smith, John Hughes, Rafael Rodriguez, Phil Cogdell. 2016 WGAS Club Champion: Elvin Sharp; WGAS Overall Net Champion: Jerry Fowler
New WGAS Rules (updated 3/2/17):
* WGAS Club Championship and 1 score each month from April – September for Tournament scores!
* Yearly fee is $10. Non-members (and guests) can only collect winnings once without paying dues.
* Valid USGA~GHIN handicap in order to participate
* Must be at least 55 years young to play
* Formats: Net only payouts for shamble and scramble (75% of team average) as well as the Nassau Tournament.
* Flights: minimum of 8 players for individual events; 12 players for 2-man events; and 16 players for 4-man events.
* Payouts: 5 golfers, 1 payout; 4 golfer event: 36 players, 7 payouts; 2 golfer event: 30 players, 6 payouts
* Tiebreakers: None. Prize pot will be shared equally.
* Tee box: white tees, however a Super Senior (75+) can declare red tees (lose 4 strokes). Blue tees may be used for special formats: red, white, and blue, pick your tee box (black can be declared here too). For Scramble and Shamble format: in 2 man scramble or shamble you must drive at least twice on each side. In four man scramble or shamble you must use each player’s drive at least once per side.
* Requirement to play in the WGAS Club Championship: must have played in 12 or more events and have at least 10 ghin scores posted from October 2015-September 2016.
* If players or teams will be penalized 2 strokes for extending play past 5 hours, as determined by Club Pro.
* Conceded Putts: on in team events, putt will not be recorded for the team total.
* Rake & place bunkers: allowed if ball lands in a foot print or poorly conditioned part of the bunker (opponent must agree).
* 14 club rule: waived (except for the WGAS Club Championship).
* Anchoring is waived (except for WGAS Club Championship).
* Preferred lies for scramble/shamble formats (except for the WGAS CC): All balls may be marked, lifted, cleaned, and placed on grass within ONE club length, not closer to the hole, from where the selected ball original rested. Placement of all balls must be in the same turf (fairway, rough, green, hazard) as that of the selected ball.
* For stroke play, we play the ball down, unless adverse weather conditions apply.
* Dispute of Rules/Guidelines. Any dispute of these or USGA rules should be noted during play. *Disputes will be resolved by the Club Pro and/or WGAS COMMITTEE member (s).
* Weather related conditions: the Club Pro may declare the course is in adverse weather conditions, bunkers will be played as ground under repair. The ball may be placed, 1 club length, no closer to the hole.
* Pampas Grass will be played as a lateral hazard.
* On the putting green there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, caddies or equipment. Replace the ball or ball-marker.
* Hole in One Rules:
1) To participate you have to be a DUES PAYING member (no guests)
2) Participation is voluntary. Each tournament is an individual even in which a $1 cash donation can be made at sign up. The 2-day WGAS CC is considered 2 separate events.
3) Any hole in 1 from the assigned tee during a WGAS tournament wins. 2 witnesses is required.
4) 80% of the total pot will paid out to a winner. The remaining 20% will be used to start the next pot.
5) If there are muliple holes in 1 in the same tournament the pot will be split equally.
6) Any disputes or rulings will be handled by the WGAS committee.
* Play READY GOLF!!!!!